Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What is the "PDF Outsider"

Since blog sites don't have nice neat ways to create categories I have created this blog to track my thoughts about PDF.

PDF is an Adobe, Inc. file format created in the 1990's to replace physical paper.

Overall they've done quite well...

For the last 12 years I have created products that process PDF files in ways that are completely different than those found in most products. These products have been very successful over the last decade.

People are interested in what I have done so I have created this blog for talking about it. It is linked from The "Lone Wolf" Graphic Arts Technologist as a PDF subcategory.

So why am I the PDF Outsider?

A couple of reasons:

First - I wrote my own PDF library (software for manipulating PDF files) based on a premise counter to every other PDF library in existence. It treats PDF as data instead of something to rasterise (more on this later...)

Second - I don't believe in the "standard PDF dogma".

Third - I have proven my beliefs valid by my own success.

This blog will be technical, complex and hard to follow. Most who read it will probably not understand.

I created my company Lexigraph, Inc. to sell my creations...

As a side note it is assumed that you are familiar with PDF, color for commercial print, workflows, and programming at a minimum. If not it will be rough going...

This blog is Copyright (C) Todd R. Kueny, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment